Mark Ruffalo Gives Major News on Hulk

Posted on May 1, 2012
by
under News
6 Comments

After seeing The Avengers at a screening last week, I would have been remised if I didn’t note how great Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner and then The Hulk was. Next to Tony Stark, he steals every scene he is in.

Well now that the film is less than a week away to the public eyes, Ruffalo briefly dished about his character and more.

The biggest news he unveiled was that he signed a SIX picture deal with the studio as Bruce Banner!!!!!

That’s insane, but what does that mean?

I think for sure we will see a solo Hulk film featuring Ruffalo, and then we are 100% getting a sequel if not two to The Avengers.

Ruffalo went on to mention that on the Blu-ray release of The Avengers, there will be over thirty minutes of deleted footage, as confirmed by Joss Whedon. One of the scenes is with Harry Dean Stanton and Bruce Banner that Ruffalo describes as “his come to Jesus moment” and “a shift for him [Banner].”

You can read my review of The Avengers here - http://bit.ly/IJPKml and catch it in theaters this Friday.

6 Responses to “Mark Ruffalo Gives Major News on Hulk”

1. Christine
    May 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I hate how the fan boys trashed this guy before even seeing the movie. I remember reading an article about how he checked the internet for the fans’ reaction to him being cast as the Hulk. Said it was a huge blow to his ego. haha.

• DBerov
      May 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Well they are all going to eat their words, he is absolutely hilarious and vicious as The Hulk, so good.

2. Mathew
    May 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I prefered Edward Norton proformance of Dr Robert Bruce Banner to Mark Ruffalos. Norton was cast because nagotiaion went south and Ruffalo was cast instead, but i am interested in the deleted scenes

• DBerov
      May 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I thought Ruffalo knocked it out of the park, the script written for him as Banner was great. And I agree, the deleted scene’s, all 30 mins of them should be excellent.

3. FC
    May 14, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Honestly, I was growing tired of the attempts to make Hulk movies. Even the Norton film was … well … kind of bad. Ruffalo nailed it, though. He (and the writers) were able to develop Banner’s character perfectly by focusing on his intelligence and scientific background. Plus, Ruffalo delivered a very subtle performance by establishing Banner’s “meekness” without “weakness”. Norton failed to do that and the first movie should just be smashed.

Major prop things to Ruffalo, the writers, and Josh. Well done.

• DBerov
      May 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM

100% agreed. There are a slew of fans of there, the Norton fanboys, that refuse to admit how great of a job Ruffalo did, that he in fact was better than Norton. The script made Banner complex, the subtleties in facial expressions made Hulk hilarious. It was really done perfectly. I hope they go through with the solo project in a few years.