Remember the famous commercial in the 90’s that featured Mia Hamm and Michael Jordan that sang “anything you can do I can do better” – don’t lie, you’re singing it.
Well as the men of The Expendables hit theaters for the sequel today, word out of tinseltown is the girls want in on the action.
Hit the jump for more information and speculation on who should join the project.
Variety is reporting that this is a go, and Adi Shankar’s 1984 Private Defense Contractors has selected Dutch Southern to write the film, and are in talks with a bunch of big time actresses, yet none have been cast just yet.
The guys over at Collider did some speculating and suggesting, what do you think?
- Linda Hamilton – A go-to action star from her Terminatordays and a stint on Chuck.
- Sigourney Weaver – Her career in the Alien franchise gives Hamilton a run for her money.
- Carrie Fisher – She can handle a blaster, so why not a grenade launcher?
- Uma Thurman – All that Kill Bill training has gone to waste in recent years.
- Milla Jovovich – Resident Evil aside, I’ll just say: The Fifth Element.
- Angelina Jolie – She’s come a long way since Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and let’s not forget her driving skills from Gone in 60 Seconds.
- Michelle Rodriguez – Although she’s killed in almost as many many as Sean Bean, Rodriguez is among the toughest of this bunch.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar – It’s getting a little thin here, but Gellar did a convincing job as Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a number of years.
- Summer Glau – From Firefly to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Glau could make for an interesting newcomer.
- Carrie Anne Moss – Let’s bring back that leather from The Matrix.
Some other possible names include Eliza Dushku, Zoe Bell, Gina Carano and, of course, Lucy Lawless. Feel free to go crazy with your own casting (and potential titles) in the comments.
Would you go see an all female Expendables-like film?